MVLS Offers Free Legal Advice about Foreclosure
The Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Service now offers free advice clinics on legal concerns related to foreclosure on the third Wednesday of the month from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.The clinics are held in the Law Library of the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, located at 8 Church Circle in Annapolis. Individuals are served on a first come first served basis, and have the opportunity to talk with a lawyer about his or her foreclosure matter. Consultations typically last for 20 minutes. Click here to see the clinic flyer.
During the session, lawyers can:
- Answer questions about foreclosure
- Give information and advice about court papers and documents you received about your foreclosure
To prepare for the session, individuals should:
- Write a list of specific questions for the attorney
- Bring any paperwork and information related to the case. Organize paperwork from most recent on the top to oldest at the bottom.
- Prepare a timeline of the legal issue and identify deadlines.